Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1/9/2013 Morning

I learned something about the greenhouse effect yesterday.  I work in a lot of apartments without electricity, so I had to come up with a way to keep my sandwich meat cold while I working.  I realized I could put it in a large zip-loc bag and put it on the windowsill and it would stay frosty.  I did that yesterday, but I didn't take one thing into account; the sun.  A sealed bag on a white sill in direct sunlight with sandwich meat in it does not stay cold even if it is cold outside.  It actually got warm.  I was hungry.  I ate half of a sandwich made with the meat, and didn't finish it because it tasted weird.  Did I mention it was chicken?  Anyway, the point is that I have a tumultuous stomach this morning and am not working.  We don't have any paint anyway, so I guess if I had to get sick, the timing was perfect.

I listened to a few Ravi Zacharias talks yesterday.  I didn't realize how much I missed listening to him.  He is a Christian apologist, and has an amazing grasp of what it is to understand God.  I have been listening to him for years, long before I began to listen to John MacArthur.  I say listening, but listening isn't always hearing.  Even my buddy was able to appreciate the messages.  I have included a widget in the right hand pane for anyone else who would like to get their Ravi on... 

You know, I don't think there has been a point in my life where all of my waking moments are focused on God and recovery like they are now.  That is literally almost all I think about, and my other thoughts are always filtered through those two subjects.  Something is happening in my heart.  Everything makes me tear up, even the most mundane topic.  It can be a little embarrassing being all teary eyed while I am working, but you know what?  I don't really care what anyone else thinks because I know what the Lord is doing in my life.

Today is going to be spent mainly working on this blog.  I have found it a good outlet to maintain my focus where it needs to be.  I was surprised to find the multitude of avenues that I go down concerning the topics of God and recovery when I began putting some serious effort into maintaining this blog.  I know that at some point I may lose interest and have to find a different outlet to help me to stay focused, but for now this is working just fine.

Father, thank You for showing me what the actual process of renewing my mind feels like.  Thank You that my mind no longer feels like a jumble of chaotic thoughts and noise, and that I am beginning  to experience an inner quiet.  I have only You to thank.  Please keep Your hand upon all my children and draw them ever closer to you.  Please cause me to be a light to those I come in contact with.  Please show Anne and I the road to peace and cooperation. 

In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean and positive... If you wouldn't let your kids read it then you probably shouldn't post it! Thanks...