Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Morning

Saturday night at my meeting I shared on how I hadn't had a using dream in awhile.  I was having a good many of them, and then I had a "turning it down" dream, and haven't had one since.  Until last night.  I believe  that Saturdays conversation is what triggered it.  That happens to me a good bit, my dreams get triggered by recent events or conversation.  Needless to say, I was very thankful when I woke up.  Otherwise I slept fairly well; I think I only woke up a couple times, and then not for very long.  I hope this is the new trend.

My boss is giving my friend one more chance to do the right thing in order to keep his job.  As much as I love the guy, I can't let him hinder me from moving forward career-wise.  I hope he can get his head in the game, but I am not going to count on him for much of anything until I see that he is serious about his staying clean.

The NEASCNA Literature Subcommittee is looking for people to write articles for their publication, and I am considering giving it a shot.  The topic is "Triumphs and Tragedy".  I am experiencing both of those right now, at the same time, so I actually might have something to say that might encourage someone.  At any rate, pray for me that God gives me the words He wants me to write.

That's about it for this morning.  Love you all...


Father,
Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the Courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.

Taking, as You did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.

Trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean and positive... If you wouldn't let your kids read it then you probably shouldn't post it! Thanks...