Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Morning

I slept fairly well last night.  I didn't wake up for good until about 8:30 which is good for me.  I am usually up before 7 whether I am working or not.  My son is still here and it is 10:45 so he must have the day off.  I wish he would have told me, I sure would liked to have gone to church.  I really hope that my license gets sorted out soon.  I get plenty of preaching and teaching, but it would be nice to get together with other believers once in awhile...
New Living Translation (©2007)
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near     Hebrews 10:25
I don't really have anything on the agenda for today besides doing some laundry and maybe a little cleaning.  I will again try to take a nap but that hasn't been working out very well for me lately.  I took a sorta nap yesterday, one of those naps where you may be dreaming but you are still aware of your physical surroundings.  It's not very restful.  I keep getting an anxious feeling that I haven't been able to identify yet.  Maybe the Lord just wants to see how I operate under that condition.  Circumstances, emotions, relationships...  All that changes frequently and it is up to me and my conscious contact with God to navigate successfully those changes.  No matter how I am feeling, no matter what is going on in my life, just for today I am not going to use.  Just for today I am going to concentrate on doing the next right thing.  Gotta love those slogans that you hear every day.  They are extremely simple, but they are also extremely effective.  I guess that is how they get their longevity.

Father, thank you for another day above ground.  Not that it wouldn't be better to be with You, but I have another chance to see my son and daughter grow and mature, and for that I thank You.  Thank You for a roof over my head, and a bed with warm blankets.  Thank You for clothes and the ability to keep them clean.  Thank You for the work that You provide, and the abilities that it gives me.  Thank You that You are You, despite me being me.

In Jesus' name,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean and positive... If you wouldn't let your kids read it then you probably shouldn't post it! Thanks...